Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Colorful Knitting

I went to my local library and requested 3 Kaffe Fassett books. And this morning I was cleaning my bedroom and found one of my knitting pamplets I've been looking for for ages that has a cabled scarf I wanted to make again. So I started on that this morning during the Michael Jackson Memorial service on TV that went on and on. I think they were about ready to call him St. Michael. At any rate, it's a day I won't soon forget.

I'm just never going to be good at knitting bland colors. I'm trying to make some solid colored hats for a male friend, but I keep drifting back to more colorful projects. The way I look at it, life is just too short to knit with beige. I've seen a seller on Etsy whose shop name is 'Kill Beige". I think that's great. And navy too while we are at it. Do any big beautiful women actually like Navy, a color foisted on us by the fashion industry for decades? I even hated the navy skirts I had to wear in choir and that was in the 70's.

No comments: