Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Hats in the Making

I've gotten requests for two chemo caps this week so I'm going to be doing those on the train tomorrow. I almost have one finished. I'm using Caron Soft yarn because I sure don't want to aggravate sensitive skin. I just want them to be super soft and cozy. I do have some hats already made up for those in a hurry, but if possible I'd like to make the person a special one in their favorite colors if time allows. Then as I make it I can think of the intent of healing and the love that person needs during this trial in their life.

I'm also knitting a rug from a pattern in Oneskein by Leigh Radford. It's full of cool project that take a minimal amount of yarn in assorted colors. I'm going to take that on the train with me as well. So far I've started with a baby blue. The rug is made of a long tube that will be sewn over Wright's Piping Filler Cord  and then sewn into a spiral.

No comments: