Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lipstick Scarflette

A 'scarflette' is a small scarf made to wrap around your neck. It's often fastened with buttons and loops.

I started a new knitting project today. It's a scarflette in a colorway called "Lipstick". I used large wooden needles that I inherited. I'm not used to that much friction but I'm working with it.

Last night I was watching a PBS special on street musicians around the world. One group was a youth choir in Ireland that was half Catholic and half Protestant. One thing I did notice is nearly every girl in the choir had a knitted or crocheted scarf on. So I figure living in CA isn't helping my sales any. It's funny the things knitters and crocheters notice. Anyone in Ireland want to buy a scarf from CA? Or prove you are in that choir and I'll make you a scarf for free. Then it really would be a small world.

No comments: