Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Mitered Blanket & My Knitted Scarf Tutorial

This project intriques me: http://www.shellykang.com/all-about-the-blankie. I might have to give it a try and use up some of this yarn before it strangles me in my sleep. I'm not sure I have all that much sock weight yarn sitting around though, and if I did, wouldn't I be knitting socks out of it?

And speaking of socks, I just bought a booklet called Patons Stretch Socks Sweet to Your Feet, but the yarn is so expensive I haven't bought it yet. I don't really need a $16 pair of socks, that I have to make myself. But if I am judicious with my 40% off coupons from Joann's I might get some of the yarn called for in the book by Patons.

I finished my scarf tutorial today but didn't get it sent to the editor in time. The three hour time difference is killing me. About the time I get in full stride they are closing and going home for the night. Still, I hung in there and got the file sent to them. They'll just have to deal with it on Monday morning. At least it's off my plate for now.

No comments: