Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Knitting and a state of Pie


Yesterday I met a woman that just loves to knit. Though I did get a raised eyebrow when I told her I was knitting a bikini top. She said she likes to knit heavy wool sweaters. I said, "Well, it is southern CA. I don't remember the last time I needed a sweater." She laughed and invited me to her once a month Stitch and Bitch gathering.

Speaking of said bikini top, I worked on it this morning and found a mistake in the tutorial. I had to review four kinds of decreases because I wasn't quite awake this morning and nothing looked right. So I'm glad I got that squared away. At first I forgot it was a bikini top. I thought it was a scarf and started knitting rows in stockinette stitch. Then I suddenly remembered the scarf was in the house on the bigger needles, and the reason I had stopped working on the bikini top was because it was time to do the decreases and add the stitch marker. Oopsy! Exactly why you should always tag each and every project when you start it. Then you don't have to ask yourself, "What was this supposed to be anyway?"

Oh and the lady I mentioned at the beginning? She gave me a pumpkin pie. I asked her if she just randomly had extra pies laying around in case someone dropped by and she said the can makes 2 pies, and there is no sense in having half a can of pumpkin in the fridge. So guess what I'm having for desert tonight? LOL

No comments: