Welcome to Knit a Bit of Magic

Friday, November 28, 2008

That Does Not Compute

Here it is Friday the day after the American Thanksgiving. I'd rather be knitting but my computer is being impossible. For no apparent reason, my computer suddenly goes silent and whatever windows are open at the time just freeze on my screen, and I'm just dead in the water. The only thing that works is to turn the power off and then back on, and even then, it's taking a good 30 seconds to five minutes to kick back on and restart itself.

I spent an hour running a virus scan and just when it was about complete my computer froze again and I lost the scan. So now I'm running a 'quick scan' hoping it gets through before my computer has another seizure.

If I had to choose between computer problems and knitting problems I'd go with the knitting problems.

No comments: